Happy St. Dwynwen's Day to my gorgeous Year 3,
I hope you are all well and are looking forward to another fun week of learning at home! Who had fun yesterday in the snow? I did! We enjoyed some great family fun throwing snowballs, building snow people and chasing the dog! I bet you had fun outdoors too!
We have another busy week ahead! You continue to make me so proud of they way you are working and the work you are completing. I can see how hard you are trying! If you are unable to complete all tasks - that is ok with me - just do your best as you always do!
This week our live lessons and check-ins are on -
Monday - Check-in 1 at 11am
Tuesday - Maths at 11am
Wednesday - English at 11am
Friday - Check-in 2 at 11am
Nearly all tasks this week will be released today so you can pick and choose when to do them - (there is no need for them to be completed in a certain order). The only tasks to be scheduled will be your follow up activities from your live lessons.
Remember to spread your tasks out through the week by doing other fun things in between e.g. reading a book, enjoying yoga or physical exercise, going outside for walks etc and having plenty of breaks from screen learning.
1) Tell me all about your weekend! What did you do yesterday in the snowy weather? You can send me some photos, record a video, type a few sentences or draw me a picture. I would love to know what you did! Snow makes me feel so excited! I have attached a Google Docs but you can record your task choosing your own method.
2) Today (25th January) we are celebrating St. Dwynwen's Day. As you know Dwynwen is Wales' patron Saint of love. You can create a poster encouraging people to show love and kindness and place it in your window. You can be the ambassadors for friendship and love in your street! You could even create a heart shaped poster. You might like to include the words - Dw i'n caru ti! I'm sure you know what that means by now!
Ideas for your poster - How can you encourage people to be kind - what could they do? How should you share your love with people?
3) Create instructions for your St. Dwynwen's Day biscuits / cakes. Remember what your instructions need to be successful - (I have uploaded the same powerpoint for you to recap).
I would like you to include * your title *list of equipment * instructions (don't forget those adverbs and imperative verbs) * labelled diagram *top tip.
4) Follow your instructions and make your delicious biscuits. (If you have a different recipe or idea for baking something to celebrate St. Dwynwen - please feel free to adapt this activity). Please send me photos to show what you have made ...mmmmm!
5) LIFE SKILL - please help your parents to wash and wipe some of the equipment you have used to create your biscuits! Please send a photo to show how helpful you are being.
6) Giglets reading tasks and reading activities have been set. There is also another reading activity - a multiple choice game about St. Dwynwen set this week - using Google Forms. Make sure you read the story first before opening the Forms and selecting the right answers. When you are happy with your answers - click send and your answers will be sent to me.
7) RE - We are continuing with our Journeys topic and learning about special seasons within the church year. Complete the table about seasons in the Liturgical year with a brief description on what happens during each season. E.G. During Pentecost the Holy Spirit visited Jesus' disciples and enabled them to speak in tongues. Ordinary time has been completed for you.
Go to 2email on Purple Mash and respond to the email that has been sent to you. I want you to send me an email describing what happens in at least one of these seasons. Try to include as much detail as possible and why it is important to celebrate. You can also attach a picture or paint your own to show what happens in that season.
8) Science task - I really enjoyed receiving your body outlines and facts that you already know about the body. This time I want you to do some research on vital organs of the body and record your information on Purple Mash - using the All About Organs 2do! There are Think About questions to help you lead your research. You can insert the pictures of the organs on their own or if you click on the plus sign in the document you can add the skeleton and then add the organs on top. I have attached the video link and powerpoint to help you.
There is an additional game set - match the organs with it's function.
9) Live lesson - Maths - multiplication task. It will be a good idea to complete the maths activities set on Mathletics - Multiplication - to support you with our live activity on Tuesday at 11am. Also I have attached the links to support the children learning tables using Jack Hartmann.
10) Live lesson - English - true and false statements based on St. Dwynwen. I have attached the powerpoint for you to read through again as I will be expecting you to tell me what happened in the story during our live lesson on Wednesday at 11am.
11) Welsh - beth wyt ti'n gwisgo? (What are you wearing?) I have attached a powerpoint for you to recap over language patterns. Dw i'n gwisgo ...(I am wearing). Use the Google Slides to create your own catalogue of clothes you would like to wear. Please begin each sentence with Dw i'n gwisgo... and complete each sentence with the item of clothes and then the colour. E.g. Dw i'n gwisgo jins glas. Please add a picture to support the sentence. You can change the background of each slide if you choose.
12) New week and a new CLIC. Please try to complete it without any adult help. Don't be afraid to show your working out. (I have included a blank Google Docs if you want to use it). There is no set time for this activity. Remember - fact families are all about juggling around the same numbers - you can only use the ones you see in the question.
13) As you know The BEAT That is very challenging! You have 60seconds ONLY to answer as many questions as you can. Once your time is up - you can go back but please answer these questions in a different colour. The more you practise your times tables - the easier these questions will become. Please do not get upset or disappointed if you cannot answer many - answer the ones you know first. Every week you will feel better. If you don't answer many questions - it really doesn't matter - it's about trying your best and I will be very pleased that you have tried! Remember to record your score - did you beat your score from last week? Practising your tables will help.
Just a reminder that even though I have set tasks for you to TURN IN on Classroom, there are other tasks available on our class web page as well as on the BBC Bitesize page.
Exercise and fresh air is really important Year 3. You could also do some Cosmic Yoga or Joe Wicks activities. If you complete any other forms of learning please let me know through photos or messages etc.
Don't forget to have breaks between your tasks, drink lots of water, eat some healthy snacks and spend time laughing with your families.
I am so proud of you all and am missing you all so much!
I shall see you at 11am for our first check-in!
Mrs Thomas xx