Week Six (Monday 11th May) Tasks
Well done to all of you for the work you completed last week on Google Classroom, Mathletics and Purple Mash. I can see how hard you are trying and all the effort you are putting in to your home tasks.
I have also really enjoyed chatting with you through the Classroom and seeing photos of your learning has made me smile - please keep them coming!
Congratulations to Kate who received the second of our Home Learning Awards.
I miss you more and more as each week passes! Love Mrs Thomas xx
By the end of this week, you should aim to:
1. Achieve 1000 points and complete the three tasks set on Mathletics this week - (patterns and relationships, addition and subtraction using mental and written methods).
2. Take part in a Joe Wick's (The body coach) P.E. session or Cosmic Kids Yoga. You could even enjoy some sporting activities in your garden.
3. Complete a RWI activity from the link on the bottom of this page and enjoy reading for 15 minutes every day.
4. Use Purple Mash to create a profile of a Superhero. You can choose your favourite Superhero or even create a new one. Write about your Superhero!
5. Use the Mash Cam on Purple Mash to turn yourself into a Superhero! Add your thoughts and feelings in the speech bubble! I can't wait to read them!
6. All good Superheroes have somewhere safe to work. Think carefully about the resources you have at home. Plan, design and build a Superhero lair! Name it and send a photo! You can use Google Drawings to plan and label your design!
7. Fill in the ABC Key Vocabulary Grid on Google Classroom using some of the words that we have explored through our "We Are Heroes" topic. E.g. you can add the names of real life heroes e.g. Colonel Moore, you could add the qualities or actions that make someone a hero e.g. brave, bold etc. You can add more than 1 word per letter.
8. Pryd rwyt ti'n....? When do you...? Download the Welsh activity from Google Classroom all about the times you complete activities. Finish the sentences by adding the time. Vocabulary is given to help you.
9. Download and read the Power Point from Acts 2 on Google Classroom. Open the Google Docs to write a diary entry from the viewpoint of one of Jesus' disciples. Think about including your senses e.g. what you saw, what you heard, how you felt etc. Write the diary entry using the first person - I. The more description you add - the better your entry will be!
10. Heroic Pet Description - Your pet superhero-themed posters were absolutely amazing. You now need to create 1-2 paragraphs of writing, explaining why your pet is such a champion.
If you want to take part in the competition - there will be five winning movie posters selected by Blue Cross at the end of May and showcased at a special exhibition in London in June called ‘Pet Heroes Through the Ages’. (This will probably be rearranged due to the current crisis).
The closing date for entries is 3 p.m. on Friday 15th May.
On the piece of paper, you will need to clarify whether this is a real pet that you know, or an imagined one. You should also include why you think you should be considered for the Blue Cross Medal exhibition.
Also include your name, age, year group and school at the top of the page.
The link for the competition is on our class page. All entries must be sent to email@example.com (posters and accompanying paragraphs) or sent in the post to ‘Blue Cross Competition, The PHA Group, 115-117 Wardour Street, London, W1F 0UN’. If you would like further information - this is the web link -
11. Click on this Web link for fantastic daily lessons from BBC Bitesize www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
12. Be a 'Hero' How can you help at home? - E.g. make your bed, help with the dishes etc. Don't forget to send me a photo!
13. Don't forget to clap and cheer for our wonderful NHS and all keyworkers on Thursday at 8 p.m.