Week Four (Monday 27th April) Tasks
Well done to you all for the work you completed last week on Google Classroom, Mathletics and Purple Mash. I have loved reading your royal Mashcams. I have also really enjoyed chatting with you through the Classroom and seeing photos of your learning has made me smile - please keep them coming!
By the end of this week, you should aim to:
1. Achieve 1000 points in Mathletics and complete the three tasks set this week.
2. Take part in a Joe Wick's (The body coach) P.E. session or Cosmic Kids Yoga.
3. Thursday April 30th is a very special day for Captain Tom Moore - it's his 100th birthday! Use Purple Mash or your own resources to create a special birthday card for him.
4. Write a formal letter to Captain Tom. You could tell him a little bit about yourself and what your hopes and dreams are. Remember to congratulate Tom on what he has achieved and why we think he is such a hero. You could even include this letter with your card to Tom if you are sending one to him.
Please use the following address:
Captain Tom Moore
C/O Post Office Limited
67 Bedford Road
5. What is a hero?
Think of real-life heroes - Captain Tom, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, doctors, nurses, police officers, firefighters etc.
What qualities do they have (strong, brave, proud, inspirational etc.)?
Create a powerpoint showing the qualities of a hero (Google Classroom).
6. Complete a RWI activity from the link on the bottom of this page and enjoy reading for 15 minutes every day.
7. Our new R.E. topic is 'Energy'. Talk about and record what fire can do using Google Classroom. Use the following headings:
The power of fire
The sounds you hear
The smells you smell
The sights you see
The feelings you have
The differences it makes
8 Click on this Web link for fantastic daily lessons from BBC Bitesize www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
9. Friday 8th May is VE Day 75th anniversary (Victory in Europe at the end of World War 2). Use Purple Mash to create an invitation for a member of your household to invite them to a party in your home - a family tea, picnic in the garden etc.
10. Be a 'Hero' How can you help at home? - E.g. make your bed, help with the dishes etc. Don't forget to send me a photo!
11. Please clap and cheer for our wonderful NHS and all keyworkers on Thursday at 8 p.m.
We will be singing Happy Birthday for Captain Tom on his 100th birthday after this too.