Week Five (Monday 4th May) Tasks
Well done to you all for the work you completed last week on Google Classroom, Mathletics and Purple Mash. Congratulations to Rowan who received the first of our Home Learning Awards. I have also really enjoyed chatting with you through the Classroom and seeing photos of your learning has made me smile - please keep them coming! I miss you more and more! Love Mrs Thomas xx
By the end of this week, you should aim to:
1. Achieve 1000 points in Mathletics and complete the three tasks set on Google Classroom this week.
2. Take part in a Joe Wick's (The body coach) P.E. session or Cosmic Kids Yoga. You could even enjoy some sporting activities in your garden
3. Complete a RWI activity from the link on the bottom of this page and enjoy reading for 15 minutes every day.
4. Friday 8th May is VE Day 75th anniversary (Victory in Europe at the end of World War 2). Use Purple Mash to create a VE Day menu for your 'party'.
5. Use Google Drawings to create a VE Day poster to celebrate 75 years of Victory in Europe.
6. Create your own VE Day decorations to celebrate the special event. You may like to make bunting, decorate or make clothes, hats, gowns etc out of recyclable materials. Plan and make something to eat for your party. Play games with your family - have fun and take lots of photos!
7. Use this website to give you further ideas -https://www.artventurers.co.uk/the-big-neighbourhood-v-e-day-family-festival/
8. Research heroes from different backgrounds e.g. fire service, police, politicians, religious heroes, people who help others etc. Choose 1 that you are not familiar with and create a fact file using Purple Mash.
9. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes - some human and some not! 2020 marks the 80th Anniversary of the Blue Cross Medal - celebrating pets who are changing or saving lives. I want you to use Purple Mash / Google Docs / or use A4 paper to make a poster of an imaginary 'super pet'. You will need to show what super powers they have. If you already have a pet maybe they will inspire you! If you would like to take part in a competition - this is the web link -
10. Click on this Web link for fantastic daily lessons from BBC Bitesize www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
11. Be a 'Hero' How can you help at home? - E.g. make your bed, help with the dishes etc. Don't forget to send me a photo!
12. Don't forget to clap and cheer for our wonderful NHS and all keyworkers on Thursday at 8 p.m.