Week eleven (Monday 22nd June) Tasks
Hello Year 3 - I hope you are all well and are still able to get outdoors for some fresh air. Just to let you know all your teachers are very busy making preparations for your safe return to school! I look forward to seeing those of you able to return real soon!
I have been really impressed with the standard of work being sent to me - including; photographs, pieces of work and videos! Your parents are doing an amazing job supporting you - make sure you say thank you!
If you are doing tasks in your Home Learning Book then please keep sending me photos of your brilliant work.
Over the next half term, please keep sending me messages through the Classroom or email. Don't forget to keep sending me photos of your learning at home - it's lovely to see how much you are all growing and how you are learning different skills.
Congratulations to Filip who received the Home Learning Award last week.
I miss you more and more as each week passes! Love Mrs Thomas xx
By the end of this week, you should aim to:
1. Achieve 1000 points and complete the 3 homework tasks set on Google Classroom - timely practice, working out the difference and doubles and halves.
2. Take part in a Joe Wick's (The body coach) P.E. session or Cosmic Kids Yoga. You could even enjoy some sporting activities in your garden.
3. Complete a RWI activity from the link on the bottom of this page and enjoy reading for 15 minutes every day. You could even write a short book review based on your reading.
4. As we prepare to go back to school, we will all be expected to follow very strict rules - one rule will be handwashing!. Open the Power point called Germ Science to help you complete your science experiment of growing germs. Your science investigation worksheet frame will also be found on Google Classroom. You may wish to compete the handwashing task also - but this is optional!
5. Complete the 'How to wash your hands properly' activity found on Google Classroom. You will need to add words and pictures.
6. Create a memory jar of all our lockdown memories. You can use and decorate any container e.g. old bottle, tub, container, box etc. Fill it with your memories. Use post - its or small pieces of paper to record special memories of lockdown e.g. who you spent lockdown with, favourite moments, funniest moments and best things you learned... You can send me a photo of your memory jar.
7. During this topic we have been learning about heroes from all different backgrounds. I would like you to watch this video clip https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zqhyb9q/articles/z7g9mfr
and read the information to learn about a different type of hero - Sergeant Stubby!
Your task is to design your own medal / trophy for Sergeant Stubby (or you could lead your own research to find out about a different animal hero). You could make a medal / trophy out of modelling clay, craft card or even recycling materials.
8. Take time to read Chapter 2 of Alien Hotel found on Purple Mash. If you get stuck on a word - use your strategies, e.g. RWInc to help! Answer the quiz questions set based on Chapter 2 once you have read the chapter.
9. Mr Blazz had an alien hotel rule book. Imagine you found a copy of the rule book dropped on the floor. What kind of rules do you think may be in the book? Complete the task set on Purple Mash.
10. Read the story about the Prodigal Son. Discuss and answer these questions with a family member. You do not need to record these answers.
Look at the picture of the Prodigal Son - write a commentary (description) on it, using Google Classroom to explain to people visiting the art gallery what the picture is about and what meaning it might have for life.
11. Click on this Web link for fantastic daily lessons from BBC Bitesize www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/tags/zmyxxyc/year-3-lessons/1
12. Be a 'Hero' How can you help at home? - E.g. make your bed, help with the dishes etc. Don't forget to send me a photo!