Morning my lovely Year 4,
I am really looking forward to seeing you again online this morning, I have attached the link for our first live lesson this week(our English session) to this post.
I hope you all had a lovely weekend with your families and remember to keep being the best that you can be.
We have 4 live sessions again this week. The days and times are shown below:
- Monday - English Session 10.30 a.m.
- Tuesday - Wellbeing catch-up 10.30 a.m.
- Thursday - Maths Session 9.30 a.m.
- Friday - Wellbeing catch-up 9.30 a.m.
If you need any help with your log-in details or any of the activities, please let me know.
Well done to Lara for the home learning award this week for putting 100% effort into all activites and live lessons. I was very impressed with your understanding of times tables facts too. Bendigedig!
I am available every day from 9.00 a.m. - 3.30 p.m. to reply to your messages or e-mails and mark your fantastic work. If you message me or send your work after this time, I may not reply until the next morning (or Monday if it is on the weekend). Try not to complete your tasks too late or on the weekend, it is really important for you to have special time with your family too.
Here are our tasks for our week on Welsh Heroes:
* Who am I? - (Scheduled after our Live English Session on Monday)
Look at the powerpoint to remind yourself of the Who am I? riddles that we explored this morning. Can you choose a Welsh hero to create a Who am I? riddle for.
I would love to receive it to see if I can guess who it is. (Google Classroom)
* Look at the photos of the Welsh heroes.
Can you name them?
Choose one of the Welsh Heroes. It can be someone from the photos or one of your own. Create questions that you would like to ask them if you had the opportunity.
Remember your question words and question marks at the end. (Google Classroom)
* After you have chosen your Welsh hero and created your questions.
I would like you to create an interview with them.
You can either do this by writing on the interview recording sheet or by recording a video (ask an adult/sibling if they will join in with you) and sharing it with me.
Remember to read the top tips when creating an interview for some advice.
I have also included an interview with our former pupil Latalia Bevan who we are very proud of as an example.
I am really excited to receive your interviews. (Google Classroom)
* I will set a task linked to our fact families before (on Wednesday) and after our live Maths session this week (Google Classroom).
* CLIC Week 3 - Remember to complete as many questions as you can.
I am looking forward to receiving your excellent efforts from this week (Google Classroom).
* Beat-that Week 3 - I am so impressed with your effort and scores from last week. Remember to give yourself 60 seconds and I will look forward to seeing how well you do with Week 3 (Google Classroom).
*Mathletics - Try to achieve 1000 points this week. Complete tasks - fact families(add and subtract), dividing by 5 and 10.
* Topic - Read the information powerpoint on Wales.
Label the cities and create the factfile. (Google Classroom)
* Welsh - Beth wyt ti'n gwisgo a pam?
Explore the sentences linked to clothes (I'm wearing...)
Link this to giving a reason what you are wearing because of the weather. (Google Classroom)
Express Yourself -
* It is important during these difficult times to explore our feelings and express ourselves doing things that we enjoy. You all really are my heroes Year 4.
February is the month of love as it is Valentine’s Day on 14th February.
We can express ourselves and show someone how we feel about them by sticking hearts on their bedroom doors each day with positive messages about why they are so special.
Ideas for hearts:
Thank you for always making me smile.
Thank you for giving me the best hugs.
Your cooking is the best!
We are so lucky to have you!
I would love to see photos. (Google Classroom)
* If you could be any animal in the world for one day. Which animal would you be and why? (Purple Mash)
* Music and dance are both fantastic for expressing yourselves. You can choose one out of the next two tasks:
- Listen to some music and draw or paint how it makes you feel.
- Create a dance routine to go with the music that you have listened to.
I would love to see a photo or video. (Google Classroom)
Science/Life Skills -
*We have why been exploring how we can make our world more sustainable. This week, I would like you to help your grown ups with the recycling. Think about what items we can recycle and why this is so important. I would love to see some photographs. (Google Classroom)
* Mrs Russell was really pleased with how much you enjoyed her music session again last week. Here is session 3 for you this week. Remember Music (singing and dancing) is an excellent way to express yourself.
I would love to hear what you learnt or enjoyed most about the session. (Google Classroom)
Purple Mash -
* Paint a crowd for your sporting heroes.
I look forward to the time when there will be able to be audiences for sporting events and concerts again.
* Decorate your own medal for your sporting hero.
Remember to spend quality time with your family and try to do something to help at home, especially helping with the recycling.
If having to stay at home has taught us anything, it really is how important our family are to us. Share your special memories, watch a film, read a book.
It is also important to still exercise when you can too, so if it's dry - go for a walk, ride a bike with an adult, try Cosmic kids yoga or Joe Wicks.
Enjoy these special moments with your family and I will look forward to us all being back together in class when we can be. I am very excited to receive your amazing work and of course to see all of your smiling faces in our live sessions this week. You really are my heroes Year 4!
Mrs Jones x