Morning Year 4,
I am so proud of how hard lots of you have worked again last week and it really did make my week to see you all on Wednesday. Another very exciting week for us this week as we have 4 live sessions on Teams (Hwb).
The dates and times are:
English - Monday 11.00 a.m.
Maths - Thursday 9.30 a.m.
Wellbeing check-ins - Tuesday and Friday 9.30 a.m.
If you need any help with your log-in details or anything else, please let me know. If you are unsure of how to log-in to teams, you can use this link for our first live session on Monday at 11.00 a.m.
Well done to Talia for having our home learning award for her excellent responses and fantastic I.C.T. skills during our live session last week.
I am available every day from 9.00 a.m. - 3.30 p.m. to reply to your messages or e-mails and mark your fantastic work. If you message me or send your work after this time, I may not reply until the next morning (or Monday if it is on the weekend). Try not to complete your tasks too late or on the weekend, it is really important for you to have special time with your family too.
Here are our tasks for this week:
* English - Next Monday 25th January is St. Dwynwen's Day. St Dwynwen is the Welsh patron saint of love, which makes her the Welsh equivalent of St Valentine. It is celebrated with the giving and receiving of cards and presents and by saying "I Love you" in Welsh, "Rwy'n dy garu di".
Read the powerpoint on St. Dwynwen. Create an Origami heart (think carefully about the instructions as you are reading them). What do you notice about them? Write a name/short message on your heart and give it to someone that you love.
* Maths - Week 1 Beat-it. I know how much you love beat-it in school year 4.
Remember to give yourself 60 seconds, maybe use a different colour for the other facts. Unfortunately, you cannot write on this sheet - so you can either print, copy facts onto the blank google docs or write it on paper and upload to send to me.
* Week 1 Clic - I have assigned you the Clic level that you are working on in school. Again, you are unable to write on the sheet - so you can either print, copy facts onto the blank google docs or write it on paper and upload to send to me.
* Mathletics - Try to achieve 1000 points and complete activities on place value, scale and how heavy?
* R.E. - Read the scripture passage.
How do you think the apostles felt when Jesus chose them to help him in his work?
Why do you think he chose people to help him?
What do you think the Good News is?
Write instructions (A code of conduct) of how how we can live like an apostle (in Jesus' footsteps).
*Topic - Our new topic this term is 'Wild and Wonderful Wales'.
What do you love about Wales?
Why is living in Wales so special?
Watch video exploring Wales and explore powerpoint.
Create questions that you would like to explore using the question creation chart.
I will set another topic task on Wednesday.
* Science - What can we do to help our world be a better place?
Think of what each of us can do to reduce our carbon/global footprint?
What might be good for the Earth (reduce, reuse, recycling, picking up litter, conserving water and energy) and what might not be so good for the Earth (wasting resources).
Choose one thing that you can do what to reduce your global footprint.
* Purple Mash - Design your own recycling symbol.
* Charanga - Mrs Jones has set tasks for you but I have also uploaded a Music lesson by Mrs Russell. I would love to know what you enjoyed most during the lesson and also anything new that you learnt.
* I will also set tasks after our live English Wednesday 11.00 a.m. (instuctional writing) and Maths sessions Thursday 9.30 a.m. (weight). I will set you a task before our Maths lesson too on Wednesday.
* We have a lovely treat on Wednesday - I will share a link on our page in classroom to a Techniquest Virtual Show - Out of this world.
* Spend quality time with your family and do something to help at home, e.g. tidy your bedroom, help with the dishes, cook a meal with an adult etc.
If having to stay at home has taught us anything, it really is how important our family are to us. Share your special memories, watch a film, read a book.
It is also important to still exercise when you can too, so if it's dry maybe try go for a walk, ride a bike with an adult, try Cosmic kids yoga or Joe Wicks.
Enjoy these special moments with your family and I will look forward to us all being back together in class when we can be. I am very excited to receive your amazing work and of course to see all of your smiling faces in our live sessions this week.
Mrs Jones x